Copyright @ 2015, Oso Internet Solutions. All Rights Reserved
Oso Internet Solutions
By using our services you agree to the following:
Acceptable Use Policy
I. Prohibited Uses and Activities
II. Customer Conduct and Features of the Service
III. Network Management and Limitations on Data Consumption
IV. Violation of this Acceptable Use Policy
V. Copyright and Digital Millennium Copyright Act Requirements
Oso Internet Solutions goal is to provide its customers with the best Internet service possible. In order to help accomplish this, Oso Internet Solutions has adopted this Acceptable Use Policy (the “Policy”). This Policy outlines acceptable use of the Oso Internet Solutions High-Speed Internet service (the “Service”). This Policy is in addition to any restrictions contained in the Oso Internet Solutions Service Agreement Terms and Conditions (“ Agreement”) available at http://www.osointernetsolutions.com/agreement.html The Frequently Asked Questions (“FAQs”) at http://www.osointernetsolutions.com/faq.html includes explanations of how Oso Internet Solutions implements and applies many of the provisions contained in this Policy. All capitalized terms used in this Policy that are not defined here have the meanings given to them in the Agreement.
Your obligations – All Oso Internet Solutions High-Speed Internet customers and all others who use the Service (the “customer,” “user,” “you,” or “your”) must comply with this Policy. Your failure to comply with this Policy could result in the suspension or termination of your Service account. If you do not agree to comply with this Policy, you must immediately stop all use of the Service and notify Oso Internet Solutions so that it can close your account and ensure all Oso Internet Solutions equipment has been retrieved and materials returned to Oso Internet Solutions promptly.
Policy revisions – Oso Internet Solutions may revise this Policy from time to time by posting a new version on the Web site at http://www.osointernetsolutions.com/agreement.html or any successor URL(s) (the “Oso Internet Solutions .com Web site”). Oso Internet Solutions will use reasonable efforts to make customers aware of any changes to this Policy, which may include sending e-mail announcements or posting information on the Oso Internet Solutions .com Web site, but is not required to. Revised versions of this Policy are effective immediately upon posting. Accordingly, customers of the Oso Internet Solutions High-Speed Internet Service should read any Oso Internet Solutions announcements they receive and regularly visit the Oso Internet Solutions wireless.net Web site and review this Policy to ensure that their activities conform to the most recent version. You can send questions regarding this Policy to, and report violations of it to firstname.lastname@example.org
I. Terms Of Service
1) Oso Internet Solutions (“Seller”) will install and maintain Provisioned High Speed Internet Wireless Access Transport Service (“Service”) to or between the customer’s premise(s). Seller agrees to provide Service commencing on the date testing by the Seller is complete and the Service is available for use by you (the “Buyer”). This date will in hereinafter be referred to as the ‘Commencement Date”. The term of this Agreement (“Initial Term”) is twelve (12) months for residential installations, and thirty-six (36) months for commercial installations unless otherwise stated in the Service Agreement. There after this Agreement will automatically be extended on a month-to-month basis at the then current rates.
2) Buyer agrees to pay Seller, during the initial term, a monthly recurring charge (MRC) at the commencement of said term, as well as any one-time charges when applicable. This MRC may be pro-rated for the first month of Service to coincide with Seller’s monthly billing cycle.
3) In the event that the entire Service is terminated by the Buyer prior to the end of the term of this Agreement, Buyer will notify Seller in writing as of the effective date of the termination, will pay that month’s recurring charge in full and agrees to pay the Seller in full at the time of termination an Early Termination Fee equal to twelve (12) months of the current Monthly Recurring Charge or the remaining balance of the contract, whichever amount is less.
4) Any actions by the Buyer that causes alteration of any technical parameters for the Service, without the prior written permission of the Seller, shall terminate this Agreement and the Buyer will be subject to the cancellation charges outlined in paragraph 3.
5) Installation of the Service and all required equipment will be per the Seller’s current Installation Standards document unless otherwise provided in writing by Seller. The first piece of data network equipment that the Seller’s equipment connects to will be considered the point of demarcation between Seller’s and Buyer’s responsibility.
6) Seller shall exclusively repair and maintain the Service up to the point of demarcation as provided by Seller. Maintenance of the Service shall be at the Seller’s expense except if required because of the conduct of the Buyer, Acts of God or any person using the Buyer’s facilities which are connected to the Seller’s facilities on the Buyer’s side of the point of demarcation. In such an event, Buyer shall pay Seller cost of labor and materials as determined in the normal course of business in accordance with the Seller’s cost accounting system.
7) Buyer shall be responsible for the maintenance and configuration of all equipment on the Buyer’s side of the point of demarcation. If in the course of performing service or making repairs on the Service, the Seller determines that the condition and/or configuration of the Buyer’s equipment is the cause of the problem, the Buyer will be charged for a service call at the then current rates.
8) Buyer acknowledges that no one is authorized to move or relocate the Service other than the Seller. Buyer can schedule this service by contacting Oso Internet Solutions. Oso Internet Solutions will charge the then current rates for moves or relocations.
9) All of the equipment provided up to the point of demarcation shall remain the property of Oso Internet Solutions and will be removed from the Buyer’s premise in the event of termination of this Agreement. In the event the Buyer moves or fails to make scheduled payments, Seller may reclaim all equipment up to the point of demarcation.
10) Buyer authorizes Seller, and its employees, agents, contractors, and representatives to enter Buyer’s premises, “Premises”, in order to install, maintain, inspect, repair and remove all the equipment and/or Services. If buyer is not the owner of the Premises, upon request, Buyer will supply Seller with the owner’s name and address, evidence that the Buyer is authorized to grant access to the Premises on the owner’s behalf, and, if needed, written consent from the owner of the Premises. This Agreement is contingent upon Seller, and its employees, agents, contractors, and representatives obtaining a right of entry onto the Premises.
11) Buyer and Seller will take reasonable precautions in the location, construction, and maintenance of their facilities so as not to interfere with the Service or facilities furnished by the other.
12) No subsequent Agreement between Buyer and Seller concerning the Service shall be effective or binding unless made in writing and approved by both parties. No representation, promise, inducement, offer, or statement of intention has been made by either party, which is not embodied herein.
13) The failure of either party hereto to give written notice of default, or to strictly enforce or insist upon compliance with any of the terms or conditions of this Agreement, the waiver of any term or conditions of this Agreement, or the granting of an extension of time for performance, shall not constitute the permanent waiver of any term or condition of this Agreement. This Agreement and each of its previsions shall remain at all times in full force and effect until modified by both parties in writing.
14) Neither party shall be liable to the other or any third parties claiming through or for such party any indirect, special or consequential damages even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
15) Neither party shall assign or otherwise transfer its rights or obligations under this Agreement except with the prior written consent of the other, said consent not to be unreasonably withheld; provided, however, each party shall have the right to assign this Agreement to any present or future affiliates, subsidiary or parent corporation of such party without securing the consent of the other party and may grant to any such assignee the same right and privileges such assigning party enjoys under this Agreement. Any attempted assignments not assented to in the manner as prescribed herein shall be void.
16) In the event either party shall be in breach or default of any terms, conditions or covenants of this Agreement, and said breach or default shall continue for a period of ten (10) days after the giving of written notice to the defaulting party there of, or if said breach or default is not capable of being cured within said 10 day period and the defaulting party shall not commence the cure within said period of time and shall not thereafter diligently prosecute to completion the curing of such breach or default, then in addition to all other rights and remedies at law or in equity, the non-defaulting party shall have the right to cancel this Agreement.
17) This Agreement may be terminated by Seller should Seller determine to cease providing the Service in any given market as part of a change in business planning without notice.
18) Seller shall be authorized to discontinue the Service upon notice from any official charged with the enforcement of the law stating the Service is being used as an instrumentality to violate the law. Seller will notify the Buyer and such discontinuance of Service will not be considered a service interruption for the purpose of credit allowance and all applicable charges will be due including any applicable Early Termination Fees.
19) This Agreement shall be effective, as of the Commencement Date.
20) This Agreement shall be a contract under and governed by the laws of the State of New Mexico.
21) Payment is due upon receipt of statement or invoice. Payments are considered past due if not received within thirty (30) days of invoice or statement date. Invoices and or statements are sent via e-mail or United States Postal Service. United States Postal Service delivery of invoices and or statements may incur an additional handling fee. Service may be suspended if payment is not received within forty-five (45) days of the statement date. If payment is not received within sixty (60) days of the statement date, Service shall be subject to disconnection for non-payment and Buyer will be responsible for any applicable Early Termination fees. If the subscriber’s payment is returned to us unpaid, the subscriber is immediately in default and subject to a returned check charge of $35. Accounts determined to be in default will have their service suspended. Such interruption does not relieve the subscriber from their obligation to pay. Accounts in default are subject to a re-connection charge of $25.00 plus all past due balances. If the subscriber defaults, the subscriber agrees to pay the Seller its reasonable expenses, including attorney and collection agency fees, incurred in enforcing its rights under these terms and conditions. The provider reserves the right to change the rates and fees without notice. Rate and fee changes may be effective immediately. Canceled accounts will be terminated at the end of the term. Seller does not issue refunds for any unused portion of the Service.
22) If Service is disconnected under any terms and conditions of this Agreement, other than as provided under paragraph 3, Seller reserves the right to disconnect Service at any location where Buyer, its affiliates, successors, assigns, partners, and associated enterprises have Service from Seller.
23) Buyer agrees to read and abide to all provisions of the Acceptable Use Policy so far as it relates to Services under this Agreement. This policy may be found at www.osointernetsolutions.com. Seller reserves the right to modify this policy at its discretion without notice and Buyer accepts sole responsibility to consult this document regularly to ensure that all Buyer activities conform to the then current version.
24) Limited Warranty: ANY SELLER EQUIPMENT AND SERVICE ARE PROVIDED BY SELLER “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. SELLER DOES NOT WARRANT UNINTERRUPTED USE OF THE EQUIPMENT OR THE SERVICE. SELLER DOES NOT WARRANT THAT ANY DATA OR ANY FILES SENT BY OR TO BUYER WILL BE TRANSMITTED IN UNCORRUPTED FORM OR WITHIN A REASONABLE PERIOD OF TIME. ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES OF NONINFRINGEMENT, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY ARE HEREBY EXCLUDED AND DISCLAIMED.
25) Seller will make commercially reasonable effort to deliver a high quality Internet access service. Buyer is purchasing a best effort data service with no performance or reliability warranty either expressed or implied. Seller may occasionally suspend service briefly for routine maintenance or reconfiguration of network components. Seller will attempt to complete out of service routines during off business hours, but cannot ensure it in every instance. Data transfer rates may vary and are affected by variables not under Seller’s control including, but not limited to, the remote server, Internet traffic, Buyer’s network and Buyer’s computer. Seller is responsible only for that portion of the data transfer rate on Seller’s network. Seller may, at its option, install new or reconditioned Equipment, including swapping existing Seller’s equipment for upgraded equipment, for which the Buyer may incur a pre-approved charge. Seller reserves the right to manage its network for the greatest benefit of its users. Seller reserves the right to cancel the Service at its sole discretion for any reason.
26) Damage to and Encumbrances on Premises and/or Equipment:
a) Buyer may not sell, re-sell, transfer, lease, encumber or assign all or part of the Seller’s Equipment or Service to any third party without the express written approval of Seller. Buyer shall pay the full retail cost for the repair or replacement of any lost, stolen, unreturned, damaged, sold, transferred, leased, encumbered or assigned Seller’s Equipment or part thereof, together with any full retail costs incurred by Seller in obtaining or attempting to obtain possession of any such Seller’s Equipment. With regard to such equipment, Buyer agrees: (1) To use the equipment only for the purpose of receiving the Services ordered from Seller and for no other purpose (2) To prevent any connections to the equipment which are not expressly authorized by Seller (3) To prevent tampering, altering or repair of the equipment by any person other than Seller’s authorized personnel (4) To assume complete responsibility for improper use, damage or loss of such equipment regardless of cause, including Acts of God. (5) To return the equipment in good condition, ordinary wear and tear resulting from proper use excepted, without undue delay upon discontinuance of Service.
b) If Seller damages the Buyer’s Premises or computer hardware during the installation or maintenance of the Service, Seller will, at its sole discretion, either repair or cause to be repaired, said damage or compensate the owner for reasonable, actual and documented costs of necessary repair, not to exceed $500.00. Seller shall have no liability whatsoever for any damage to or loss or destruction of any software, files or data. Buyer is solely responsible for any and all back-ups of Buyer’s computer files.
27) Indemnification: Buyer shall have the right to cancel all or part of this agreement if the Service is of such poor quality as to make usage of the Service inadequate by Seller’s standards for acceptable level of Service. Buyer shall notify Seller of any such problem with quality of Service, and Seller shall have 20 calendar days to rectify expressed problem to Sellers standards for acceptable level of Service. If said problem is not rectified within the 20-day period, Buyer shall have the right to cancel all or part of the Service with no early cancellation penalty or additional costs to Buyer.
28) Inability to Perform: Neither Party shall be responsible for delays in the performance of its obligations hereunder caused by events including but not limited to those events caused directly or indirectly from Acts of God or any other causes beyond its reasonable control (Force Majeure).
29) This agreement sets forth the entire understanding of the parties and supersedes any and all prior agreement or understandings relating to Service.
Acceptable Use Policy
I. Prohibited Uses and Activities
Conduct and information restrictions
In general, the Policy prohibits uses and activities involving the Service that are illegal, infringe the rights of others, or interfere with or diminish the use and enjoyment of the Service by others. For example, these prohibited uses and activities include, but are not limited to, using the Service, Customer Equipment, or the Oso Internet Solutions Equipment, either individually or in combination with one another, to:
Network and usage restrictions
II. Customer Conduct and Features of the Service
In addition to being responsible for your own compliance with this Policy, you are also responsible for any use or misuse of the Service that violates this Policy, even if committed by a friend, family member, or guest with access to your Service account. Therefore, you must take steps to ensure that others do not use your account to gain unauthorized access to the Service by, for example, strictly maintaining the confidentiality of your Service login and password. In all cases, you are solely responsible for the security of any device you choose to connect to the Service, including any data stored or shared on that device. Oso Internet Solutions recommends against enabling file or printer sharing unless you do so in strict compliance with all security recommendations and features provided by Oso Internet Solutions and the manufacturer of the applicable file or printer sharing devices. Any files or devices you choose to make available for shared access on a home LAN, for example, should be protected with a strong password or as otherwise appropriate.
It is also your responsibility to secure the Customer Equipment and any other Premises equipment or programs not provided by Oso Internet Solutions that connect to the Service from external threats such as viruses, spam, bot nets, and other methods of intrusion.
Addressing inappropriate content or transmissions
Oso Internet Solutions reserves the right to refuse to transmit or post, and to remove or block, any information or materials, in whole or in part, that it, in its sole discretion, deems to be in violation of Sections I or II of this Policy, or otherwise harmful to Oso Internet Solutions network or customers using the Service, regardless of whether this material or its dissemination is unlawful so long as it violates this Policy. Neither Oso Internet Solutions nor any of its affiliates, suppliers, employees or agents have any obligation to monitor transmissions or postings (including, but not limited to, e-mail, file transfer, blog, newsgroup, and instant message transmissions as well as materials available on the Personal Web Pages and Online Storage features) made on the Service. However, Oso Internet Solutions and its affiliates, suppliers, employees and agents have the right to monitor these transmissions and postings from time to time for violations of this Policy and to disclose, block, or remove them in accordance with this Policy, the Subscriber Agreement, and applicable law.
III. Network Management and Limitations on Data Consumption
Oso Internet Solutions manages its network with one goal: to deliver the best possible high speed Internet experience to all of its customers. High-speed bandwidth and network resources are not unlimited. Managing the network is essential as Oso Internet Solutions works to promote the use and enjoyment of the Internet by all of its customers. The company uses reasonable network management practices that are consistent with industry standards. Oso Internet Solutions tries to use tools and technologies that are minimally intrusive and, in its independent judgment guided by industry experience, among the best in class. Of course, the company's network management practices will change and evolve along with the uses of the Internet and the challenges and threats on the Internet.
Oso Internet Solutions uses various tools and techniques to manage its network, deliver the Service, and ensure compliance with this Policy and the Subscriber Agreement. These tools and techniques are dynamic, like the network and its usage, and can and do change frequently. For example, these network management activities may include (i) detecting malicious Internet traffic and preventing the distribution of viruses or other harmful code or content, and (ii) using other tools and techniques that Oso Internet Solutions may be required to implement in order to meet its goal of delivering the best possible high speed Internet experience to all of its customers.
The need to engage in network management is not limited to Oso Internet Solutions. In fact, all large Internet service providers manage their networks. Many of them use the same or similar tools that Oso Internet Solutions does. If the company didn't manage its network, its customers would be subject to the negative effects of spam, viruses, security attacks, network congestion, and other risks and degradations of service. By engaging in responsible network management including enforcement of this Policy, Oso Internet Solutions can deliver the best possible high speed Internet experience to all of its customers. Visit Oso Internet Solutions Frequently Asked Questions page at http://www.osointernetsolutionswireless.com/faq for more information.
Residential Service is for personal and non-commercial residential use only. Therefore, Oso Internet Solutions reserves the right to suspend or terminate Service accounts where data consumption is not characteristic of a typical residential user of the Service as determined by the company in its sole discretion. You must also ensure that your use of the Service does not restrict, inhibit, interfere with, or degrade any other person's use of the Service, nor represent (as determined by Oso Internet Solutions in its sole discretion) an overly large burden on the network. In addition, you must ensure that your use of the Service does not limit or interfere with Oso Internet Solutions ability to deliver and monitor the Service or any part of its network.
If you use the Service in violation of the restrictions referenced above, that is a violation of this Policy. In these cases, Oso Internet Solutions may, in its sole discretion, suspend or terminate your Service account or request that you subscribe to a version of the Service (such as a commercial grade Internet service, if appropriate) if you wish to continue to use the Service at higher data consumption levels. Oso Internet Solutions may also provide versions of the Service with different speed and data consumption limitations, among other characteristics, subject to applicable Service plans. Oso Internet Solutions determination of the data consumption for Service accounts is final.
IV. Violation of this Acceptable Use Policy
Results of violation
Oso Internet Solutions reserves the right to immediately suspend or terminate your Service account and terminate the Subscriber Agreement if you violate the terms of this Policy or the Subscriber Agreement. Your responsibilities outlined in the Subscriber Agreement continue even in the event of the Subscriber Agreement is terminated as a result of this Policy.
Enforcement of Policy
Oso Internet Solutions does not routinely monitor the activity of individual Service accounts for violations of this Policy, except for determining aggregate data consumption in connection with the data consumption provisions of this Policy. However, in the company's efforts to promote good citizenship within the Internet community, it will respond appropriately if it becomes aware of inappropriate use of the Service. Oso Internet Solutions has no obligation to monitor the Service and/or the network. However, Oso Internet Solutions and its suppliers reserve the right at any time to monitor bandwidth, usage, transmissions, and content in order to, among other things, operate the Service; identify violations of this Policy; and/or protect the network, the Service and Oso Internet Solutions users. Oso Internet Solutions prefers to inform customers of inappropriate activities and give them a reasonable period of time in which to take corrective action. Oso Internet Solutions also prefers to have customers directly resolve any disputes or disagreements they may have with others, whether customers or not, without Oso Internet Solutions intervention. However, if the Service is used in a way that Oso Internet Solutions or its suppliers, in their sole discretion, believe violates this Policy, Oso Internet Solutions or its suppliers may take any responsive actions they deem appropriate under the circumstances with or without notice. These actions include, but are not limited to, temporary or permanent removal of content, cancellation of newsgroup posts, filtering of Internet transmissions, and the immediate suspension or termination of all or any portion of the Service (including but not limited to newsgroups). Neither Oso Internet Solutions, nor its affiliates, suppliers, employees or agents will have any liability for any of these responsive actions. These actions are not Oso Internet Solutions exclusive remedies and Oso Internet Solutions may take any other legal or technical actions it deems appropriate with or without notice.
Oso Internet Solutions reserves the right to investigate suspected violations of this Policy, including the gathering of information from the user or users involved and the complaining party, if any, and examination of material on Oso Internet Solutions servers and network. During an investigation, Oso Internet Solutions may suspend the account or accounts involved and/or remove or block material that potentially violates this Policy. You expressly authorize and consent to Oso Internet Solutions and its suppliers cooperating with (i) law enforcement authorities in the investigation of suspected legal violations, and (ii) and system administrators at other Internet service providers or other network or computing facilities in order to enforce this Policy. Upon termination of your Service account, Oso Internet Solutions is authorized to delete any files, programs, data, e-mail and other messages associated with your account (and any secondary accounts).
The failure of Oso Internet Solutions or its suppliers to enforce this Policy, for whatever reason, shall not be construed as a waiver of any right to do so at any time. You agree that if any portion of this Policy is held invalid or unenforceable, that portion will be construed consistent with applicable law as nearly as possible, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Oso Internet Solutions and its affiliates, suppliers, employees and agents against all claims and expenses (including reasonable attorney fees) resulting from any violation of this Policy. Your indemnification will survive any termination of the Subscriber Agreement.
V. Copyright and Digital Millennium Copyright Act Requirements
Oso Internet Solutions DMCA policy – Oso Internet Solutions is committed to complying with U.S. copyright and related laws, and requires all customers and users of the Service to comply with these laws. Accordingly, you may not store any material or content on, or disseminate any material or content over, the Service (or any part of the Service) in any manner that constitutes an infringement of third party intellectual property rights, including rights granted by U.S. copyright law. Owners of copyrighted works who believe that their rights under U.S. copyright law have been infringed may take advantage of certain provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) to report alleged infringements. It is Oso Internet Solutions policy in accordance with the DMCA and other applicable laws to reserve the right to terminate the Service provided to any customer or user who is either found to infringe third party copyright or other intellectual property rights, including repeat infringers, or who Oso Internet Solutions, in its sole discretion, believes is infringing these rights. Oso Internet Solutions may terminate the Service at any time with or without notice for any affected customer or user.
Reporting infringements to Oso Internet Solutions
Copyright owners may report alleged infringements of their works that are stored on the Service or the Personal Web Features by sending Oso Internet Solutions authorized agent a notification of claimed infringement that satisfies the requirements of the DMCA. Upon Oso Internet Solutions receipt of a satisfactory notice of claimed infringement for these works, Oso Internet Solutions will respond expeditiously to either directly or indirectly (i) remove the allegedly infringing work(s) stored on the Service or the Personal Web Features or (ii) disable access to the work(s). Oso Internet Solutions will also notify the affected customer or user of the Service of the removal or disabling of access to the work(s).
Copyright owners may send Oso Internet Solutions a notification of claimed infringement to report alleged infringements of their works to:
Mail: Oso Internet Solutions, LLC
PO Box 685
Ramah NM 87321
Copyright owners may use their own notification of claimed infringement form that satisfies the requirements of Section 512(c)(3) of the U.S. Copyright Act. Under the DMCA, anyone who knowingly makes misrepresentations regarding alleged copyright infringement may be liable to Oso Internet Solutions, the alleged infringer, and the affected copyright owner for any damages incurred in connection with the removal, blocking, or replacement of allegedly infringing material.
If you receive notification – If you receive a notification of alleged infringement as described above, and you believe in good faith that the allegedly infringing works have been removed or blocked by mistake or misidentification, then you may send a counter notification to Oso Internet Solutions. Upon Oso Internet Solutions receipt of a counter notification that satisfies the requirements of DMCA, Oso Internet Solutions will provide a copy of the counter notification to the person who sent the original notification of claimed infringement and will follow the DMCA's procedures with respect to a received counter notification. In all events, you expressly agree that Oso Internet Solutions will not be a party to any disputes or lawsuits regarding alleged copyright infringement.
If a notification of claimed infringement has been filed against you, you can file a counter notification with Oso Internet Solutions designated agent using the contact information shown above. All counter notifications must satisfy the requirements of Section 512(g)(3) of the U.S. Copyright Act.
CUSTOMER PRIVACY NOTICE
What kind of information does this notice apply to?
Special Note: This notice only covers information that is collected by Oso Internet Solutions in connection with our high-speed Internet service. It does not cover information that may be collected through any other products, services, or websites, even if accessed through our services and even if co-branded with them. You should read the privacy policies for these other products, services, and websites to learn how they handle your personal information. What kind of personal information does Oso Internet Solutions collect?
Oso Internet Solutions collects information from you at several different points when you initiate and use our services. Some of this information is personal information, but much of it is not. We collect certain personal information that our subscribers furnish to us in connection with the provision of services. In order to provide reliable, high quality service to you, we keep regular business records containing information about you that may constitute personally identifiable information. These records include some, but typically not all, of the following information:
We also collect and maintain certain other information about your account. This information may include:
Some of our services permit you to establish secondary accounts, and if you do so we collect similar information in order to establish and service the secondary accounts. During the initial provisioning of our services, and during any subsequent changes or updates to our services, Oso Internet Solutions may collect technical information about your computer hardware and software, other service-related devices, and customization settings and preferences. Additionally, if you rent your residence, we may have a record of whether landlord permission was required prior to installing our facilities as well as your landlord's name and address.
How does Oso Internet Solutions use personal information?
We collect, maintain, and use personal information as permitted by applicable laws. We use this information primarily to conduct business activities related to providing you with our services, and to help us detect theft of service. Generally speaking, we use personal information in connection with:
More specifically, we also use personal information to:
Oso Internet Solutions transmits, and may collect and store for a period of time, personal and non-personal information about you when you use our high-speed Internet service to:
Our transmission, collection, and storage of this information is necessary to render the services. In certain situations, third-party service providers may transmit, collect, and store this information on our behalf to provide features of our services. These third parties are not permitted to use your personal information except for the purpose of providing these features.
We may also combine personal information, which we collect as described in this notice as part of our regular business records, with personal information obtained from third parties for the purpose of creating an enhanced database or business records. We may use this database and these business records in marketing and other activities related to our services. We also maintain records of research concerning subscriber satisfaction, which are obtained from subscriber interviews and questionnaires.
Under what circumstances may Oso Internet Solutions disclose personal information to others?
Oso Internet Solutions considers the personal information contained in our business records to be confidential. Oso Internet Solutions may disclose personal information concerning any subscriber for the following purposes if the disclosure is:
To whom may Oso Internet Solutions disclose personal information?
We may disclose personal information if it is necessary to render, or conduct a legitimate business activity related to services we provide to you. These kinds of disclosures typically involve billing and collections, administration, surveys, marketing, service delivery and customization, maintenance and operations, and fraud prevention, for example. We may also collect, use, and disclose information about you in non-personal or aggregate formats, such as service usage and other statistical reports, which do not personally identify you, your particular viewing habits, or the nature of any transaction you have made over the network. The frequency of any disclosure of personal information varies in accordance with our business needs and activities.
We may sometimes disclose personal information about you to our affiliates or to others who work for us. We may also disclose personal information about you to outside auditors, professional advisors, service providers and vendors, potential business merger, acquisition, or sale partners, and regulators. Typically, we make these disclosures when the disclosure is necessary to render, or conduct a legitimate business activity related to the services we provide to you. We may be required by law or legal process to disclose certain personal information about you to lawyers and parties in connection with litigation and to law enforcement personnel.
If we enter into a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, subscribers’ personal information will, in most instances, be one of the items transferred as part of the transaction. If this notice will be changed as a result of a transaction like that, you should refer below under “Will Oso Internet Solutions notify me if it changes this notice?”
We may also use or disclose personal information about you without your consent to protect our customers, employees, or property, in emergency situations, to enforce our rights under our terms of service and policies, in court or elsewhere, and as otherwise permitted by law.
When is Oso Internet Solutions required by law to disclose personal information?
We make every reasonable effort to protect subscriber privacy as described in this notice. Nevertheless, we may be required by law to disclose personal information about a subscriber. These disclosures may be made with or without the subscriber’s consent, and with or without notice, in compliance with the terms of valid legal process such as a subpoena, court order, or search warrant.
How does Oso Internet Solutions protect personal information?
We follow industry-standard practices to take such actions as are necessary to prevent unauthorized access to personal information by a person other than the subscriber or us. However, we cannot guarantee that these practices will prevent every unauthorized attempt to access, use, or disclose personal information.
How long does Oso Internet Solutions maintain personal information?
Oso Internet Solutions maintains personal information about you in our regular business records while you are a subscriber to our service. We also maintain this information for a period of time after you are no longer a subscriber if the information is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or to satisfy legal requirements. These purposes typically include business, legal, or tax purposes. If these purposes no long apply, we will destroy the information according to our internal policies and procedures.
IV. Customer Access and Choice
What e-mail communications will Oso Internet Solutions send to me?
We may send a welcome e-mail and sometimes other information to new subscribers (including each new secondary account holder, where applicable). We may also send service-related announcements to our subscribers from time to time. For example, we may send you an e-mail announcement about a pricing change, a change in operating policies, a service appointment, or new features of one or more services you receive from us. You may not opt-out of these service-related communications. If you fail to check your primary e-mail address for service-related announcements, you may miss important information about our services, including legal notices, for example.
We reserve the right to send you promotional or commercial e-mail as permitted by applicable law.
Will Oso Internet Solutions notify me if it changes this notice?
We may modify this notice at any time. We will notify you of any material changes through written, electronic, or other means and as otherwise permitted by law. If you find the changes to this notice unacceptable, you have the right to cancel your service. If you continue to use the service following notice of the changes, we will consider that to be your acceptance of and consent to the changes in the revised privacy notice. This includes your consent for any personal information that we may collect and use starting on the effective date of the revised notice, as well as for any personal information that we have collected prior to the effective date of the revised notice.
How do I contact Oso Internet Solutions?
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding this privacy notice, or wish to contact us about your personal information, please reach us as follows:
Mail: Oso Internet Solutions
PO Box 685
Ramah, NM 87321
Revised and effective: July 2015.